Thu, Oct 12|
A Tour of French Wine - VC King
Come discover and enjoy some of the finest French producers of their respective appellation with Maitre de Chai
Time & Location
Oct 12, 2023, 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. EDT
VC King, 224 King St W, Toronto, ON M5H 1K4, Canada
About the Event
Come discover and enjoy some of the finest French producers of their respective appellation with Eric Thomassin (Canadian Substitute Candidate for Best Sommelier in the World 2004), general manager of Maitre de Chai wine agency.
From Bonnigal-Bodet in Loire (the region’s rising star and son in law of famed Montlouis François Chidaine) to Roland Lavantureux, a Chablis leading estate, we’ll compare two top southern France estates Mas Cal Demoura (Languedoc’s finest elite) and Yves Laccia (long time leader in Corsica), to finish with Domaine des Croix (the best Beaune producer) and the historic Domaine de la Pousse d’Or and their fabulous 2020 Corton Clos du Roi.
Price: $170/p (+ tax and gratuity)
Wines to be Poured:
- 2022 Pascal & Nicolas Reverdy Sancerre 'Terre de Maimbray’
- 2019 Bonnigal-Bodet Touraine Amboise Sec 'Les Beauvoirs
- 2021 Lavantureux Chablis 1er Cru Fourchaume
- 2020 Mas Cal Demoura Terrasses du Larzac ’Terres de Jonquières'
- 2020 Yves Leccia Patrimonio Rouge 'E Croce’
- 2020 Domaine des Croix Beaune 1er Cru Les Cent Vignes
- 2020 Domaine de la Pousse d’Or Corton Clos du Roi
butternut squash puree, guanciale crisp, pickled mustard seeds, micro greens, julienne apple, chili oil
herb and Dijon roasted, spiced fingerling potatoes, cucumber raita
Magre duck breast
apple fennel purée, grilled king oyster mushrooms, black grape demi glacé
We will try to accommodate all dietary restrictions to the best of our abilities.