Wed, May 24|
Carlo Mondavi California Dinner - Yorkville
Join us for an evening of outstanding California wines, hosted by Carlo Mondavi of Raen, DLynn Proctor of Fantesca, and Jenna Foster of Heirloom Vine Imports. We'll be pouring some of the finest Pinot Noir from Sonoma Coast and Cabernet Sauvignon from Spring Mountain, including rare back vintages.
Time & Location
May 24, 6:30 p.m. EDT
Toronto, 87 Avenue Rd, Toronto, ON M5R 3R9, Canada
About the Event
Join us for an evening of outstanding California wines, hosted by Carlo Mondavi of Raen, DLynn Proctor of Fantesca, and Jenna Foster of Heirloom Vine Imports. They will be pouring some of the finest Pinot Noir from the Sonoma Coast and Cabernet Sauvignon from Spring Mountain, including some rare back vintages that can only be tasted here.
Price: $1200 all inclusive
Wines to be Poured:
- 2019 Fort Ross Seaview Charles Ranch Chardonnay
- 2016 Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir
- 2020 Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir
- 2019 Fort Ross Seaview Pinot Noir
- 2020 Russian River Valley Chardonnay
- 2014 All Great Things Cabernet Blend
- 2019 All Great Things Cabernet Blend
- 2019 Spring Mountain Estate Cabernet
- Caviar Service: Transmontanus, Osciètre Prestige, Kristal and Beluga blinis, creme fraiche, brunoised egg whites, bruinoised red onion, smoked salmon
- Scallop peach beurre blanc, compressed apple, bruleed grapefruit, salmon roe
- Truffle Mushroom Risotto morrel, maitake, black trumpet, burgundy truffle, parmesan
- T-bone pommes aligot, asparagus parmesan salad, broccolini, roasted carrots, Sauce albufera
- Chocolate Truffles raspberry, honey butter, gianduja, lavender, coconut
Carlo Mondavi is a name synonymous with California winemaking. His family has a storied history producing some of the best wines to come out of the state, and is keeping the Mondavi name alive with RAEN. Based on the true Sonoma Coast, Mondavi makes some of the most exciting wines from the region- pure, clean expressions of Chardonnay and Pinot Noir. Focusing on responsible farming, giving back to the earth, and making bench mark wines, Carlo is a breadth of knowledge. We don’t normally see Carlo in our market, and we are super excited to welcome him to the Vintage Conservatory.
DLynn Proctor has been a figure in the wine world for two decades. He is currently the Director for Fantesca Estate and Winery. Fantesca is made by Heidi Barrett- a powerhouse in Napa and around the world. Her Cabernets have garnered cult like status across the globe, and if you’re lucky to get your hands on them you know why. Powerful and elegant expressions of Cabernet Sauvignon and Chardonnay, DLynn Proctor will walk you through the beautiful wines from Heidi.